Ridesharing is a relatively new phenomenon in transport in urban settings. It is an advanced form of the carpooling concept. Ridesharing entails the arrangement of shared rides on a one-time basis on short notice. Lyft is a San Francisco-based American company launched in 2012. Lyft offers ridesharing services. You can go to website and find out more. Advances in technology have enabled Lyft to make use of a mobile phone application to facilitate ridesharing services.
HOW LYFT SERVICE RIDESHARING WORKS
The Lyft mobile phone application is has a user-friendly interface. To use the application, you need to do three things:
1. Make A Rideshare Request
Use your Rideshare mobile application to place a request. There are four Rideshare options that are available for you to choose from:
- Lyft – The Lyft option is specifically for you as your personal ride. You can decide to travel alone or with a group of three companions or friends. The service is available throughout America.
- Lyft Line – Lyft Line is a shared ride option. If there are other passengers who happen to be traveling in the direction that you want to go, the Lyft application matches you with these passengers. The cost of this option is less than the original Lyft option as you get to share the costs with the other passengers. The Lyft Line price is usually fixed upfront. However, the service is limited and is only available in certain select American cities.
- Lyft Premier – If you want to travel in luxury and style, then you should select the Lyft Premier option. It is a high-end ride option that will ensure that you arrive at your destination in style. The service is limited to select American cities.
- Lyft Plus – This option is available in case you need a ride that can accommodate many passengers. It is available nationwide.
You will get picked up by the best, reliable and professional drivers who will safely drive you to your destination.
3. Pay Your Rideshare Driver
As soon as you get to your destination, you will be required to pay your driver and rate them using the app.
ADVANTAGES OF RIDESHARING WITH LYFT SERVICE
- Reduced fuel consumption and travel costs
- Makes full use of empty seats that are characteristic of most American passenger cars
- The Lyft service services one-time trips as opposed to scheduled or commuter trips
- The service can cater for areas that are not covered by public transit systems
Ridesharing with Lyft service is a modern and innovative way of traveling that will save you money and get you to your destination quickly.